Wall Street’s Go-To Commentary for Differentiated and Actionable Investment Ideas
Commentary Quoted By
Why DataTrek Research?
Unconventional Markets Data and Insight
Every capital market around the world shares one fact: investors and traders create stories about data to determine prices. To outperform, you need to know the next chapter of those stories before others do.
That’s where DataTrek comes in, delivering a daily email broken down into these sections:
- Markets: we distill complex market narratives to their core, actionable essentials
- Data: we give a snapshot of the numbers moving markets and how to profit from them
- Disruption: we unpack the greatest story of the 21st century – technological disruption – and what it means for asset prices
Decades of Real World Financial Experience
- Co Founder Nick Colas started his finance career in 1991 as a senior equity analyst at Credit Suisse, worked directly for Steve Cohen at SAC Capital, and has been a widely followed market strategist for +14 years. He was the first person on Wall Street to cover bitcoin (2013), appears regularly on CNBC and Bloomberg, and is widely quoted in the financial press.
- Co Founder Jessica Rabe is a published author on complex finance topics (Alts Democratized, Wiley 2014). She is a recognized thought leader on issues as diverse as US equity market volatility, the US legal marijuana industry, and millennial finance.
- Nick and Jessica have worked together since 2014 and started DataTrek in mid-2017.
Trial DataTrek Morning Briefings for Free
Thousands of investors and financial journalists rely on Nick and Jessica’s newsletter every day for their thought-provoking work on markets, data and disruption. See why for yourself by starting a 2-week FREE trial below.
Read More of Our Work
The most important macroeconomic question facing investors today is “Can the Federal Reserve tame inflation without causing a recession?” As much as US stock prices
Excerpt from Bloomberg quoting DataTrek co-founder Nick Colas: …. “A scenario analysis by DataTrek Research shows that if a recession is avoided, existing earnings estimates
Excerpt from Barron’s quoting DataTrek co-founder Nick Colas: …. “DataTrek Research co-founder Nicholas Colas sees more pain ahead as well. In a note to clients
Business Insider: “The crash in the Nasdaq is looking a lot like the bursting of the 2000 dot-com bubble — and that lasted almost 3 years”
Excerpt from Business Insider quoting DataTrek co-founder Jessica Rabe: …. “From January 2001 onwards, the Fed cut interest rates 11 times, according to Jessica Rabe,
Forbes: “Stock Market ‘Carnage’ Set To Worsen As Fed Rate Decision Looms—Here’s How Bad It Could Get”
Excerpt from Forbes quoting DataTrek: …. “Despite all major indexes closing in bear-market territory on Monday, the CBOE Volatility Index, a measure of expected volatility known as